Alkimi 'Willowlake Vineyard' Pinot Noir 2020

AT FIRST SIP-5 spice, cherry, red plum and anise seeds.  Some lovely smoked paprika and bbq red pepper characters amongst the mushroom and leaf litter earthiness on the palate. Brightness is always there throughout supple textured tannins. AFTER A FEW-Diving head first into a mountain of oak leaves. 

$41.00

Hurry, only -1 left in stock!

AT FIRST SIP-5 spice, cherry, red plum and anise seeds.  Some lovely smoked paprika and bbq red pepper characters amongst the mushroom and leaf litter earthiness on the palate. Brightness is always there throughout supple textured tannins. AFTER A FEW-Diving head first into a mountain of oak leaves. 

About This Wine

As Stu has been working with the Willowlake vineyard since 2014 he has a certain affection for the site. referring to the fruit there as being "in the Goldilocks Zone, a great site, managed sustainably by amazing people and whilst the fruit is under enough stress to produce intense concentrated characters the fruit is cared for enough to manage this stress." 200 metres above sea level old vine MV6 is planted on grey clay-loam over red volcanic that provides exceptional drainage. All in all, a stunning well-spring of Pinot Noir. 

The fruit was split into two batches with 75% being fermented entirely as whole bunch whilst the other 25% destemmed. Once wild fermentation was complete the two batches were blended back for elevage in predominantly old oak. Bottled unfined and unfiltered. 

 

Under Australian law, you must be over 18 years to purchase alcohol. By entering the Wine Envy website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years.

Once your payment has been approved, we will book your delivery in through Sendle via either Couriers Please or FastWay / Aramex, for next available pickup. Please allow 4-5 days for most metro areas and up to 10 days for more remote places, (although delivery may occur sooner than quoted). Please note that wine will only be delivered to persons over 18 years of age. You will receive an email notification once your order has been dispatched.

The Yarra Valley in Victoria, Australia is a premium wine region within easy driving distance of Melbourne. Famous for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, Sparkling wine as well as cool climate Shiraz also does well here. Some fantastic Rhone varietals are also being explored with exciting results.
Based in the Yarra Valley, winemaker Stuart displays his crush for all things Rhone Valley with his range of wines. Exhibiting some pure and gorgeous classic styles as well as some 'park wine' vibes with a few experimental bottlings. 
Stu has worked hard to identify tiny plots in single vineyards that offer the characteristics he is seeking. With such small production this offers him the opportunity to be meticulous and uncompromising in his standards.

Also Something Classic

A timeless classic is a wine that is dependable, reliable and familiar. It always hits the spot, no surprises here!

Add to cartAdd to cart

STILL THIRSTY?

wines that grab our attention

Add to cartAdd to cart
Add to cartAdd to cart