Fetherston 'Magnolia' Gargenega / Gewurztraminer 2018

AT FIRST SIP- Beautiful honey gold colour. Honeydew melon, honeysuckle, brazil nuts and a whole lot of lemon balm. A lot of texture and appeal, gently floral with the Gewurztraminer component. AFTER A FEW-My sand couch is better than yours.

$23.00

Hurry, only -3 left in stock!

AT FIRST SIP- Beautiful honey gold colour. Honeydew melon, honeysuckle, brazil nuts and a whole lot of lemon balm. A lot of texture and appeal, gently floral with the Gewurztraminer component. AFTER A FEW-My sand couch is better than yours.

About This Wine

'Magnolia' uses King Valley fruit, 67% Garganega and 33% Gewurztraminer.

The 75% of the Garganega spent 6 days on skins and the remaining 25% of the grapes underwent a carbonic maceration. The two batches were then blended back together to complete a wild fermentation in old oak for 5 months.

The Gewurztraminer was pressed straight to older oak barrel, fermented with wild yeast and had regular battonage (lees stirring). To continue building texture, the wine spend 5 months in older French oak.

Fetherston, as a relative newcomer to the Australian wine scene, is named after winemaker Chris Lawrence's grandfather, Tony. Tony Fetherston was an inspiring horticulturalist and the obsession with and love of plants has carried through the generations. With a background and a chef, valedictorian of his Oenology degree and after gaining enviable experience at Yering Station and Domaine Serene in Willammette, he partnered up with Camille Koll to begin Fetherston. They have made a significant splash with their textured, bright style, oozing value with every bottling.

Under Australian law, you must be over 18 years to purchase alcohol. By entering the Wine Envy website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years.

Once your payment has been approved, we will book your delivery in through Sendle via either Couriers Please or FastWay / Aramex, for next available pickup. Please allow 4-5 days for most metro areas and up to 10 days for more remote places, (although delivery may occur sooner than quoted). Please note that wine will only be delivered to persons over 18 years of age. You will receive an email notification once your order has been dispatched.

The Yarra Valley in Victoria, Australia is a premium wine region within easy driving distance of Melbourne. Famous for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, Sparkling wine as well as cool climate Shiraz also does well here. Some fantastic Rhone varietals are also being explored with exciting results.

ALSO DROOL WORTHY

Some faves and curios

Add to CartAdd to Cart